The tap water comes mainly from ground water (water tables) exceptionally from surface water (rivers) which may or not require treatments of purification. This water can be drunk without causing immediate danger to your health. The laboratories of water distributors measure a large number of qualitative criteria continuously
- Economic (125 times less expensive than bottled mineral water)
- Connected to the distribution network, no need of carbon footprints nor storage room! (reduces the ecological footprint)
- Constantly analyzed (chemically, bacteriologically,…)
- It contains natural mineral salts which contain the nutrients that the body needs!
- Water that is potable according to the legal criteria (Governmental decree)
- Despite the technology, some pollutants pass (partly) through the water treatment plants (pesticides, herbicides, chlorine, detergents, cosmetics, nitrates, heavy metals, hormones, drugs,…): there is a potential presence of 1,000 pollutants in water coming from the city network. Moreover legal standards are shifting (the tolerance with nitrates varied from 2,5 mg/L 80 years ago to 50 mg/L today!)
- Tap water often contains a lot of limestone (above 25° fH = hard water). The problems caused by limestone (=calcium carbonate [CaCO3] and magnesium carbonate [MgCO3] )are multiple. Here aresome:
– Scale block the water pipes, the taps, the household appliances, the dishwashers
– The valves (thermostatic or not) block and don’t function anymore
– The boilers and water-heaters get damaged and blocked. Moreover, the scale is insulating: the heat efficiency of these devices is reduced, which makes the production of hot water more expensive
- When Water is too mineralized. The goal of water is not only to bring nutrients to the cells but also to allow digestion and the evacuation of the pollutants in the body (toxins). 55% to 75% of the inorganic minerals are not digestible by the body (overload to the kidneys with risk of kidney stones development…). The minerals must be provided primarily by vegetables and fruits (= organic minerals). Like Jacques Collin says, “water is good for what it carries off and not for what it brings”!
- “Dead” water: is de-structured water because it is composed of clusters of 700 non absorbable water molecules = these water clusters definitely make it more difficult for the nutrients to be absorbed by our cells because they pass with more difficulty through the aquaporin of our cells. Moreover they imprison the polluting frequencies in contaminant envelopes
- Mineral water is often too alkaline and oxidized. This water does not have the right electric properties to fulfill its metabolic role which will lead to diseases in the future
Water passes by the existing plumbing of the house (pipes, taps or valves). Consequently a microbiological and chemical checking of water is essential when the pipes are getting old (water can present traces of heavy metals: iron, zinc, copper, nickel, chromium or lead)